Love
Falling in love is like finding a home
In the heart of a person that you've never known
It's the waiting for the ring of the phone when you're alone
Or making them a playlist of all your favorite songs
Remember how it felt?
When their touch made you melt
When their presence made you a better version of yourself
When your bed was like an island in the middle of the sea
And their eyes were the only sunset you could see
When their smile was enough to inspire a forever
In this lifetime of learning how to love each other better
It is beyond words
It is knowing how she takes her tea
It is knowing when to challenge her and when to let her be
It is knowing when to hold her and when to set her free
It is chemistry and honesty, empathy, integrity and humility
It is calling when I'm gonna be late
Or giving her the last bite of cake from my plate
It is going on vacation and walking along the beach
It is the sound that she makes when she laughs in her sleep
It is real, especially when it's hard
Because we have chosen to reveal who we really are
Beautiful with all our scars
She's like a sky of stars
I've never felt as infinite as when she's in my arms
I've never felt as intimate as when I'm in her charms
I'd never met someone and instantly knew I belonged
So now the songs on the radio are making more sense
And every rom-com movie seems more intense
I'm having dreams that I'm painting her a picket fence
Our kids are playing on the lawn, still in innocence
Picturesque in every sense
It's like a Norman Rockwell, it feels so real
A modern fairy tale with a pool and barbecue grill
We'll have a two-car garage
And every week she'll get a gift certificate
For one free foot massage
And when she's had a hard day, we'll go and walk it off
And when she's had a hard night, we'll get some Häagen-Dazs
We'll put our goals on a list and then we'll cross them off
I'll take some pics of our kids
Then print them up and make a Mother's Day collage
Or send her flowers, just because ..
Her skin is the closest that I've been to God
See, love is a long ladder up to heaven
It's like a dance where you move apart
And then come back together
It is sunshine and stormy weather
Because you would never know the one
Unless you knew the other
And in the end you'll be old and gray
With a pair of rocking chairs and some Grand Marnier
Grandkids on a grand piano in the foyer
Photographs of your family filling the hallway
And everybody in the neighborhood will ask you for advice
So you'll slowly lean in, then you'll look around twice
Then you'll whisper real light like it's the secret to your life
When you know, you know
'Cause when it's right, it's right
IN-Q
Comments
Post a Comment